We are so excited to welcome you back to school for the 2015/2016 school year!
As we near the first day of school, here are some tips, ideas and books that will support your child’s transition…
- Begin to adjust your child’s bedtime, so they will be able to wake up refreshed and ready on the first day.
- If possible, go to a store and buy a few new school supplies, backpack and/or a first day of school outfit and put them aside for your child to use at the start of the year.
- Talk to your child about what they are looking forward to this school year!
- Find out if your child has any concerns or worries about the upcoming school year.
- And, as always, keep reading!!
Here are some book suggestions, especially for students entering Kindergarten…
- My First School Journal by Richard Scarry
- Birdies First Day of School by Sujean Rim
- Not This Bear: A First Day of School Story by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Splat the Cat: Back to School Splat by Rob Scotten
- Dad’s First Day by Mike Wohnoutka
- Kindergarten Rocks by Katies Davis
- Kindergarten Here I Come by D.J. Steinbeck
- This School Year Will be the Best by Kay Winters
- Monkey Not Ready for Kindergarten by Marc Brown
Looking forward to seeing everyone in a week!
Ms. Greene and Ms. LoConto